Monday, November 20, 2006

Ohh yeaaaah, I have a blog...

Well, I guess I should post something every now and then.
 
-- Sarah and I met with our pastor last week to discuss the call to ministry. We had a wonderful time discussing the hardships that a pastor faces and the calling that the Lord has placed on mine and Sarah's life. It was extrememly encouraging as well as enlightening to the daily life of a pastor. There is a lot more to it than studying and preaching the word! The first thing that he wanted me to do was read chapter 6 of Preaching and Preachers by Martin Loyd Jones (sound familiar Eron?). I did, wow, and it too was encouraging and confirming of the call to the pastoral ministry. I will be preaching at Dayspring (our church) on a Sunday night sometime in January.
-- I got to explain The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe to about 6 teachers today in the teachers lounge. It really paint a great picture of the gospel and sharing it was easy. I think that tomorrow I will explain the Lord's redemptive work using some other movie. How about Bull Durham.
-- My shoulder is getting much better, I don't think I am going to have surgery until I let it heal and see what I can and can't do. It feels pretty good, and although Sarah might not be to thrilled to hear this, I might even hunt with my bow during the Thanksgiving break.
Note: Sarah and I will discuss this long before it ever happens. I am not encouraging that husbands do anything that their wives wouldn't encourage them in (especially in non-spiritual matters such as bow-hunting).
-- Life is good. I don't have any crazy stories to tell you about school (at least none come to mind), but if anything happens I will let you know.
-- Sarah is still the most wonderful girl in the whole world. She is recruiting in Abilene today (HSU) and will be back late tonight. This also means that I will be hunting this afternoon (always a good time).
-- I still get sick to my stomach when I think about the Texas - K-State game.
 
I hope that you all have a great thanksgiving.
 
Sola Deo Gratia,
   Ryan

5 comments:

Jamie Butts said...

Wow... loved that you talked to Jackson, glad your shoulder is getting better, yea for good teacher's lounge conversation, yes - Sarah's a keeper, and I just feel so caught up with the Bebees now. I miss you both. Hug your wife for me.

Anonymous said...

confirmation.......can't put a price on the peace of God when weighing out decisions.....keep pressing amigo

Anonymous said...

this is encouaging:-)

Chad Gerlt said...

Now I bet you're really sick to your stomach now that A&M beat UT and Oklahoma will be going to the Big 12 Championship game and a BCS bowl instead of Texas. Yeah, I'll be sure and not bring it up.

Anonymous said...

Ryan,
What a coinc- er, I mean, look how providence works!

P&P is a great book. I am glad he recommended it to you, especially that chapter. That is encouraging to me!

Take care.

Let me know if you need anything...

Peace