Tuesday, June 26, 2007

New Laptop

Sarah and I are sitting in a coffee shop in Waco, TEXAS posting this blog from our new laptop. We were pretty excited to receive it in the mail today when we were on our way out the door. Sarah is in a mock-trial this afternoon for a friend who is finishing up her law school degree from Baylor. She is a little nervous, but at least her first time in court is a mock trial.

This morning I taught a Counselor Bible Study at Camp Buckner (still the best camp in the world). I had the privilege of teaching on marriage. They are going through 1 Corinthians this summer and they assigned me chapter 7...all 40 verses. I had about 40 minutes to teach. For those of you who know me, this will come as no surprise, but I only got to verse 16 and I went 10 minutes over time. Oh well. More on that later.

The house buying is still in progress. Based on all the other houses purchases I have made in my life this one is going fairly smooth.

Our nephews Jacob and Ty have been with us at my parents house for the last week or so. They are a blast but a lot of responsibility. Eron, "little baby Shakov" is getting pretty big. He takes offense to the name "Shakov" because it implies that he is a "little baby." But is sure is funny when he gets all angry about it (although his anger isn't anger at all, just a show).

We are still Longing for Louie. (just for you Kari)

Adios Amigos,
Ryan and Sarah

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Y'all are in Waco! So close to me!Oh what a joy it would be to see y'alls faces! :) So i've never left a comment before. Go me. Ryan-i'd love to get some insight on a certain topic from you... maybe one of these days when y'all aren't so stinkin' busy! :) Love y'all!

Ryan Bebee said...

Jess, do you have my #? Just wondering. Feel free to call Sarah and let her know what the topic is. If I am around I would love to talk to you about it. We aren't all that busy right now (we just like to appear to be busy) so anytime is a good time.
adios

Anonymous said...

in waco and no call? i must say i'm a little hurt....

Ryan Bebee said...

Sorry Kyle, we weren't sure how long we were going to be there. It won't happen again.

Sarah Bebee said...

Man - we seriously look like bad friends -- I promise we'll do better next time -- to both Kyle and Jess! And jess -- I owe you one MAJOR phone call! Forgive me! Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

no problemo.....i wasnt even in town.