Monday, July 09, 2007

CANYON!!

We are officially in Canyon Texas up in the panhandle...and as you might see from the posts and Ryan's new blog -- we've had a little more time on our hands. PS -- Ryan also has facebook now...and consequently we stayed up until 3:30 or so looking at it and setting it up! We had my nephew Michael's first birthday this weekend, and it was so much fun!

We even had a fireworks show at the end at my sister's house in the country. As you might imagine -- we all looked forward to the cake eating portion of the party...

My mom has VBS this week at her church, so Ryan and I have been helping out. And also a new addition -- my mom and my Meme are teaching me how to play bridge (I know I know -- its kind of an old ladies game -- but it is seriously challenging and I'm loving it so far!!


Plus -- my brother plays and can't wait for me to get to play with him!)

Louisville updates:
We are nearing our August 1st move in date!! And we are still preparing for all the events leading up to the move. I'm still on the job searching committee, so please pray the Lord opens up a position for me!! I'd love to work on campus, so we are pursuing that route right now!

9 comments:

Jamie Butts said...

LOVED those pics. Nephews are terrific, aren't they? We are dying for you to get here. And I just told Dustin today that I hope Ryan sometimes brings us Lemonade from Chick-Fil-A. :) Love you both. We're signed up for "lumping" when you get here. Just let us know when we can help!

Amy said...

Oh my gosh Sarah! Michael is so stinkin' cute! Hope your having a blast! See you when you get back!

mindy said...

Oh, my uncle has tried a couple of times to teach me to play bridge, but instead it has become a time for him to tell me stories of his bridge playing days in college. So see...it is not just an old people's game. And there is so much to remember; I think that it known as "an old people's game" because it takes a lifetime to learn to play it. Good luck! Maybe you can teach me!

Sarah Bebee said...

Thanks for the comments girls!! If you didn't check out the slide show you can click on Michael's picture with me for the link! Can't wait to see you Amy!! And Mindy -- we should seriously learn bridge together -- you can play and learn online even...I think you'd like it...and then we can be old ladies TOGETHER! Hehe!

catherine shea politte said...

Sarah - Michael is SO adorable. I always wanted blonde hair blue eyed kids....SO not gonna happen. HA!

Oh and your hair looks GREAT!!!

Let us know when you're coming back through Angelo and we'll meet up with you (unless you want to detour through Eldo!!)

Love you both!!

Anonymous said...

goodness that picture of you and your nephew is adorable!! And your hair looks pretty cute too!!:) Did you end up getting it cut more? Thank you so much for your sweet note Sarah, it was encouraging! We should talk sometime soon. Call anytime you have a second and I will try and do the same:) Love you!

Kari Plevan said...

Ok, we are going to need a "One Last Post from Texas" post or something :)

Jen Moore said...

Sometimes i forget how handsome that Ryan fellow is.

Ryan Bebee said...

Not me, I never forget how handsome Ryan is.