Friday, January 19, 2007

The Lightlings


I forgot to talk about the
best part of our trip! While spending time with the Moore family we had some Great conversations about the gospel. Ryan and I both had some one on one time with Aundera and Jonah to talk about Christ, baptism, and some essentials of the Christian faith. We talked about my dad, and blessing of knowing that he was a believer. I told them about the funeral, and how it was a time to really celebrate by dad, and his character, and how much we loved him. But even more than that, it was a time to talk about how much my dad loved Christ, and the truth of the gospel!! It was so neat to see how the Lord has already begun to soften their hearts. Aundera was baptized this past year, so we have been really continuing to talk about the gospel. While in the car with Jonah, we listened to this children's book, narrated by R.C. Sproul, called the Lightlings. It is a GREAT children's book about our state as humans, and the story of Christ! Love it! Jonah asked all kinds of good questions afterwards, and then said, can we listen to it again!!! So definantly check it out! We downloaded it on our ipod for free...so share with your young friends and family!!!

3 comments:

catherine shea politte said...

Sarah - That is so amazingly sweet - time with your nephew and niece talking about CHRIST. The other day, Jacob said 'Mom, do you trust in God?' I said "Yes, I do." He said "Why?" And all I could come up with in the moment was that the Bible promises us that God is Worthy of our trust. So then he goes 'Well, I trust in God. And I trust in Jesus. And I trust in the Lord.' So there you go - chalk another profession of faith up for FBC Eldorado. Maybe he'll walk the aisle Sunday. LOL Kidding, of course. I love you a lot and am so thankful for who you are to our family - and who your family is to Ryan. What a precious example of God's blessing in our lives.

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

I loved how you said "But even more than that, it was a time to talk about how much my dad loved Christ, and the truth of the gospel!!"

How well I remember your constant admiration of your dad's faith. May the conversation with your nephew and niece be one of many that again shows God to be glorious and leaves people wondering about your hope. (And asking!) What a blessing you are to me and the memory of how you handled the darkest of dark trials with the Light of truth and hope of God's Word. Your faith continues to testify to me and I love you very, very, VERY much.
-JButts

Sarah Bebee said...

Jamie and Shea -- you are both such an encouragement! I love you and thank you for sharing. I am so thankful for friends and family that LOVE CHRIST!!!! And that we share this common fellowship and desire to see others come to know HIM!