Friday, January 05, 2007

Reunion 2007

So for those of you that are not in the all consuming, and rather enjoyable Buckner circle...WE JUST HAD CAMP BUCKNER REUNION. (No, not a cult meeting!)

Ryan and I were able to spend time with his family for Christmas, then head north to spend a week with my family. It was exhausting, and yet one of our best Christmas ever! Christmas day was actually spent with my sister's husbands entire family...hehe! We are a weird group. Ryan and I even did the gift exchange and everything. It was great! I am sure many of you had as many Christmas days as we did, but I counted about six (including the one where we weren't family).

Ryan and I made it back into Kingsland in time to celebrate our SECOND anniversary! PF Changs treated us right!! Congrats to all of those that with us celebrated during this time -- Riedls (Happy TWO!), Polittes (Happy SIX -- I think), Franklins (Ashley and Ryan!!! TWO TWO!), Jones (Teesh and Stepho -- THREE!), and my sweet friends the Gossetts (Three!)!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARIES to them all!

Reunion went GREAT! We had roughly over 80 people come through our gates for the infamous get together...even as oldschool as the Dawson, Bethany Howe, the Cates!! Ryan's Bible studies were great. We were all challenged and definantly encouraged. Let us know if you want the notes, and we would be glad to share. I look forward to lots of great conversations with you Kentuckians about these subjects.

Some memorable moments from 2007 reunion:

1) Yes Brent, the sick-out game of twister. Cliff, Ryan, Brent and K-Chap spinning the wheel.

2) As Mindy stated on Jamies blog...tons, and tons, and TONS of games.

3) We set up the back kitchen area for those looking for their significant other. We had thirty minute conversation slot times open (although I think you guys talked WAY more in 06), and then you could exchange e-mail and phone numbers if you desired...in honor of none other than my best friends the Butts.

4) And just plain fellowship. I was SO amazingly encouraged by all of the counselors and friends I was able to catch up with, share life events, and search out wisdom in life's decisions! Can't wait for camp!!

--I hear there are some great pictures on facebook...although I can't see them yet. HOpefully soon!

For those of you that couldn't make it...sad day...but know you were missed, AND you missed out!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

#3 - HA! That's hilarious. miss you! Hurry and get up herE!

Sarah Bebee said...

Miss you too Jamison! We have started the countdown! Pray that we will be disciplined in all of the things that need to get done to get us there soon!!!!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

whats that "old" school comment suppose to mean

Anonymous said...

I'm with Kyle...I miss one summer and I'm "old school" haha..just kidding...I AM OLD;) It was SO GREAT to see y'all at reunion but not long enough for sure. Sorry I couldn't come back for the second day but I had some obligations:) I miss you guys a ton but I hope we all end up back in TX someday!!! Thanks for the new blogs ;) Love y'all!

Anonymous said...

Kyle posts, then bethany posts....something smells fishy...hmmmm (if this is in bad taste just take the comment off)

Anonymous said...

i could really get brent back, but because i am a gentleman i will refrain

Sarah Bebee said...

man, I miss you guys...kyle, no offense meant, but you have had a real job for awhile -- classified correctly now as old school...and bethany -- I MISS YOU! It was SO great to see you, and of course I'll be a reference by the way...talk to you soon hopefully. brent...honestly. do you Really care about bad taste?

Anonymous said...

I just think it is a little wierd that bethany started her post with "I'm with Kyle"...kinda upset that i had to find out over the internet...(you're right sarah i dont care about bad taste)

Anonymous said...

seriously brent, you need to start being more spiritual and less offensive in your conversation.

Anonymous said...

seriously brent...its like we haven't matured 5 whole years...some things never change ;)

OhK-Booth said...

I know it is a little late, but Happy New Year!