Sunday, March 25, 2007

To Every Tribe Ministries

What's up y'all? (I said that because I won't be in TX to much longer)
Just thought you folks in Kentucky might want to know that the founder of "To Every Tribe Ministries" will be speaking at SBTS chapel soon. His name is David Sitton and he has recently set up the Center for Pioneer Church Planting. My little sister Caraboo (her real name is Cara) is enrolled and she loves it. They recently returned from a mission trip to Papa New Guinea where the Lord was pleased to save his people. Read about it at my sister's blog right here.
David loves the Lord and is fully committed to the unreached people groups in Mexico and PNG. Check out this quote of his - I am on a crusade right now to recruit martyr missionaries for the least reached people groups of the world. -David Sitton. I guess maybe that should worry me since my sister is being trained at his school, but it doesn't. Cara would love to die for the gospel of Christ and that is one thing I love about her.
Sarah went on a mission trip to Mexico with TETM and she roughed it, sleeping in a one-person tent with torrential rains slamming down on top of her only to find out that her tent wasn't water proof and hoping that her body weight and the tent pegs could withstand the winds. Ask her about it, she'll tell you.
Anyways (so much for a short post), David spoke at John Piper's pastor's conference and I think you would really enjoy hearing him. You can check that out here. The dates he will be speaking are April 14-17th. Sunday the 15th he will be doing a presentation/teaching at Auburndale Baptist Church. Then, Tuesday morning the 17th he will be speaking at chapel at Southern. Check it out, you will not be disappointed.

Resting in His providence,
Ryan and Sarah

2 comments:

Jamie Butts said...

Kristy told me about this awhile back. Thanks for the reminder. I'd love to go. I'll see what i can do. I love Cara - enjoyed the update on her.

Rebekah said...

david sitton is the nicest guy. he spoke at my church camp...awesome! =)