Thursday, May 03, 2007

Been a While

Good Grief and Honor...It's been forever since I last posted, and I have fully come to terms with the fact that I deserved to be kicked off Eron's blog list.

Well, my kids have all taken the TAKS test and now they have absolutely no motivation for learning. This results in a husband who is worn out at the end of the day and praying that for the last 4 weeks of school corporal punishment (or maybe capital) will be reinstated in elementary schools. We have a Soap Box Derby coming up, the Science Fair going on right now (literally, as I type), an archeological dig field trip coming up as well as a swim party all in the next 4 weeks. Oh yeah, and a musical production that we are putting on with the 4th graders. A busy month is ahead and I am ready, I mean READY, to be in Looeevill.

So I told Eron that I would like to contribute to his new blog on books called The Booked Blog. This is good for me. You see, I am a bit of a competitor and it might be good for me to see Eron and friends blogging about books they have read. Check that out, it will be great.

Sarah is meticulously laboring in pursuit of summer camp. As it draws nearer the pressure is really building but it is nice to know that we will not be there all summer (although we would love to be). It would be pretty tough to try to move to L'ville while maintaining our jobs at camp.
I just finished a book by Joseph S. Carroll called How to Worship Jesus Christ. For anyone who needs an encouragement to just savor Christ and ascribe worth to Him, this book is for you (by the way, that's everybody). I'll post more in depth on it later (probably on The Booked Blog)

Sarah caught an 8 pound bass Sunday. Yeah, that's right, 8 stinkin' pounds. That made for a lot of fried fish as well as one humbled husband!!

Love you guys, hope all is well. Adios...

5 comments:

Jamie Butts said...

Wonderful update, dear friends. I understand the crazy pace of school and can only imagine that of camp. I deserve for Sarah to kick ME out as an accountability partner, but she's been gracious. Sarah, last time you called, it started pouring and we had to hang up because I couldn't see or hear-ha. And I'm behind. :( When could we try and shoot for, um, maybe later next week?
Again, great update. We're equally ready to have you here.
Soap Box Derby sounds kind of cool. Press on, dear Bebee friends.

Sarah Bebee said...

Jamison -- I love you girl! And yes, I'm behind too...so we can both be gracious, and both tell each other to GET ON IT! :o) Miss you and can't wait to talk soon -- this weekend? or next week?

Jamie Butts said...

GET ON IT girl :)

I'm working on it today. What about Tuesday evening? Or is that the night you all get together? Let me know if that works. Wednesday would work too!

Anonymous said...

yep it is capital:-P Hang in there, you two ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah-
I am going to call you...I got the Camp Job...whoop!

Love
April