Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Quick Update

Thought I'd give you a quick update. Sarah and I are waiting anxiously to hear from the seminary. We should find out sometime this week, if the seminary is correct in telling us that it will take 8-10 days from the time they have all our info.

Last week I should have spent a lot of time reading, but I spent a lot of time fishing instead. You can't blame me right? Pretty soon I'll be reading enough to make up for all the lost time of that past. But I don't really consider fishing to be lost time either. I caught enough fish (with the help of Jason Shaw) to feed 15 people Friday night. It was nice to fish with a purpose.

Sarah is still laboring intensely to get things ready for summer camp. The Lord has faithfully brought the needed staff together for camp and things are looking great. Continue to pray for her and the other summer camp staff; right now is a very stressful time of year.

I have 7 and 1/2 days left of school and I love it. 67 out of 68 of my kids passed the TAKS Math test (I'm in charge of all of 4th grade math). And 47% of those kids earned a commended performance (they missed less than 4 problems). I have to be honest here...I was more excited about my kids succeeding than I ever was over winning a ballgame of any sort. 180 days is a long time to spend with 80 kids, pushing them to learn math, and then find out that they paid attention and learned. It's quite satisfying.

Sarah's pregnant...just kidding.

I'll let you know if Southern accepts me or slams the door in my face.

Ryan

7 comments:

Jamie Butts said...

I'm really proud of you, Mr. Bebee. It is soooo rewarding to see the fruits of your labor. What a great way to end things there.

And... that was cruel/funny about saying Sarah was pregnant. I did stop breathing for 1.5 seconds. Hug her for me. Miss her.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get it!:-)

haha...I saw pregnant and I about flipped...heh....! funny guy

Unknown said...

Lookin' forward to your company in Louisville. Fish while you can.

Sarah Bebee said...

Jamison -- EEK! You will have a phone call -- I promise...the news will not spread to you by blog...
And yes -- lets pause and pick up again in June! Hehe! Miss you tons -- I owe you an e-mail at the least.

April -- CONGRATULATIONS on your camp job! Love it!!

Eron said...

Beebz,

Ha! That final statement about Sarah was funny!

Oh, hey, was that one kid that didn't pass, um, mexican? I can ask that because I'm mexican. You know how it goes.

Peace

Ryan Bebee said...

nope Eron,he was not mexican; but his mom is my age, and he is 10, so you do the math. Children are raising children these days man, it's pretty tough. I'll call you soon.
Adios Mexican

Krista said...

Hey Ryan! This is Krista Quinn, from 2 summers ago! I stumbled accross y'alls blog and I'm glad I did! Just wanted to say Hi! Oh, and that was funny about Sarah being pregnant. Tell her I say hi!
~Krista