Monday, May 28, 2007

I'm in

Saturday afternoon I received an envelope from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary that said, "We would like to congratulate..." that's the only part I really read. Then Sarah and I were jumping up and down all excited that the Lord had confirmed the call for us to attend seminary in the fall of 2007. Instead of calling my friends in Kentucky, I just ran to the airport and flew in to tell them about it. Everybody was really thankful that I flew in just to inform them of my acceptance.
Not really, I flew up there to take a look at a house. We found a very promising duplex that is very close to the seminary, the price is right, and it looks like we will have good renters (I hope). It is a beautiful redbrick duplex. You can take a look at it here. Hopefully we will make a bid on it tomorrow, Tuesday, and start drawing up a contract by the weeks end.
By 1:00 am Saturday night, Eron and I had registered for my fall classes. I will be taking 10 hours total.
-Biblical Theology with Dr. Wellum
-Systematic Theology with Dr. Moore
-Written Communications with (I can't remember)
-Personal Spiritual Disciplines wit Dr. Whitney
It ought to be a good time!!
Right now Sarah and I are in the process of moving to Liberty Hill for the summer and finishing up staff training at Camp Buckner (still the best camp on the face of the earth). Things are busy, but that's probably good for me.

Sarah's preg...naah, just kidding.

Beebs

7 comments:

Kari Plevan said...

Yea!!!! We were glad that you flew up to share the good news too! Can't wait to see y'all again AND can't wait for you to be here and be our neighb...well we'll see :)

Keep us updated this week with all the house happenings!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ryan!! So happy for you guys!:) Can't wait to see you Sarah!!!!

Eron said...

B,

Ha! Sarah's preg...Ha!


Peace

Kari Plevan said...

Oh, and by the way...those pictures are great...you must have hired a professional! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys!

Jamie Butts said...

Can't wait.

mindy said...

it was good to see you, ryan, and sarah, i was sad that i was not able to see you. soon...maybe i will visit camp!