Thursday, September 14, 2006

4th grade stuff again

Well, today was a good day. A mouse was loose (a pet mouse) in class today and it ran up a girls pants; then something frightened it and it peed, on her undergarments. Gross huh?

We are having a bookfair at school this week and a student bought me a book. The name of the book is The Truth About Poop, by Susan E. Goodman, illustrated by Elwood H. Smith. This book is a hit in the 4th grade so I am glad that I have it. I thought I would share with you some of the things that I have learned from my new book. This is gross, but rather funny.
-- One jokester in the 1920's made a toilet seat that played the national anthem everytime someone sat down, forcing them to stand up again.
-- In the ancient city of Ephesus, rich citizens sent their slaves to the public bathrooms to warm up the cold marble toilet seats for them.
-- Geese poop once every 12 minutes.
-- Scienctists recently found a fossilized chunk of T-Rex dung that weighed 16 pounds. (don't ask me how they know it's t-rex dung)
-- Mole rats use the smell of each other's poop to distinguish between family groups (by rolling in it).
--Sloths are so slow that they devote one day a week to making their way down a tree to the ground where they poop. They make the most of the trip though and poop out 2 lbs, over 1/4 their body weight.

Many people say that whatever grade you teach, you start to sound and act like them. I hope this isn't true about me, although I know that it is.

Well, someday I'll post something spiritual, but today you get poop.

5 comments:

Jamie Butts said...

Seriously, Ryan. You're killing me. I'm discovering I'm easily grossed out. :)

Great posts, you two. Keep up the Blog. Miss you!

Kari Plevan said...

Nice! Gotta love kids!

Eron said...

Ryan,
I think all of those "facts" are a bunch of crap!

Peace.

Sarah Bebee said...

Eron! Just try eating some blackberries and see what happens...

catherine shea politte said...

Ryan - Something about you has always appreciated and reflected the way fourth graders talk and act...and we love that about you. :) so do two little boys i know.... :) :)