Friday, September 08, 2006

Feminine Appeal

Ok ladies! All of you wives out there HAVE to read this book! Shea Politte and I have started Feminine Appeal by Carolyn (CJ's wife) Mahaney. Let me just tell you, we are on the second chapter, and it is both encouraging, and convicting, and such a huge blessing all in one.

It focuses on the principles in Titus 2, and expands on them. This week was the Delight of Loving My Husband. I'm not sure about some of you, but in my life, I missed out on many mentoring opportunities from older women. And now, I'm not surrounded by very many...so I have loved hearing such sound and practical advice from this godly woman, and then having Shea keep me accountable to put into practice these principles. (PS for San Angelo folk, you may be jealous at this, but on Wednesday I visited none other than the beloved Bakerstreet and went to the Phi Lamb rush to meet with the officers...lots of fun! Then went to Eldo to see the Polittes!)

So let me just tell you: I LOVE MY HUSBAND RYAN BEBEE!
And I know many of you love your husbands as well, but we have to CONTINUE to LEARN how to love them (that's what it says in the verse -- teach them how to love). So convicting. B/c sometimes I think I already KNOW how...so if you have the time...pick it up (and maybe even get a partner) and get going!

There are some GREAT Spurgeon quotes in the book that I will have to share with you after the weekend.

Weekend agenda??
--Strawn vs. Abbott tonight at 7:00; we'll update you on the results. It's a Dawson brother show down
--UT vs. Ohio tomorrow at 7:00; Ryan is excited about actually GOING to the game tomorrow!
--Sarah will be swimming and hanging out tomorrow...and watching the game in the air conditioning and a comfy chair...can't wait!

3 comments:

Kari Plevan said...

Sarah,

I am jealous of your visit to Bakerstreet. And Eron would be jealous of Ryan's going to the game tomorrow. He will be watching it from Buffalo Wild Wings I'm sure (we don't have cable). He is faithful to the longhorns for sure!

I have heard great things about that book. I read part of it awhile back, but should read it again. So glad y'all are doing that!

Eron said...

Sarah,
I am jealous. Very jealous. Too jealous. I think I might hate Ryan. I, hold on...yeah-wait...oh, yeah...I hate him.

Go Horns.

Eron

Jamie Butts said...

Kari, have you read that book? If not, let me know. I like Sarah's idea. If you have read it, don't sweat it. (You probably have... I think Laura did?) If not, let me know. (I'm repeating myself. Must be Friday) We could do it together, too! Oh, but you have that other book... anyway. We'll see.