Monday, September 11, 2006

UT Football

To borrow a line from Eron Plevon, "Texas is still #1 in my heart." The game was incredible. I have never seen or heard anything like it in my life (and I will probably never again). The noise level even exceeded the cheers on a sunday afternoon at Sovereign Grace Baptist church when Randy would hit home a point in his sermon. Wow, I was amazed. My voice was left at Royal Memorial Field and now my 4th graders have to listen very carefully to hear their instructions. One thing that was really cool; buckeye fans are true sportsmen. They were very respectful and said only good things about Texas. I was in Austin all day saturday and never heard cross words exchanged about the two teams (except playful joking at times). All in all it was a good day Saturday. Texas has a lot to learn this year and I am looking forward to it. Well, one thing I can say for sure, had Tarell Brown used his head last week the ballgame would have been completely different. It's rediculous that one player would jeapordize his teams season because of foolishness. Well, they need Jesus just like I did.
 
Hook Em,
    Ryan

3 comments:

Sarah Bebee said...

Sad for the Strawn/Abbott game. I truly feel it was similar to the Texas game. If the first line quarter backs had stayed in the game, the score would have been much closer...although I'm not sure if a win on either side would have been accomplished. HOWEVER, 1996 when Florida State beat Florida, the "loser" came back to win the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP! We can only hope this same outcome for the Longhorns and the Greyhounds!

Anonymous said...

hey ryan, what about the noise level at the abbott/strawn game--i was saddened not to see a post about that one.

i like the optimism sarah.

had a good time this weekend--thanks for coming to the game.

Eron said...

Ryan,
Who is Eron PlevOn? I know Eron PlevAn, but the PlevOn guy I, I'm drawing a blank.

JK

Peace.