Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Prayer

I LOVE MY JOB! This morning I was decorating birthday postcards (yes all you past counselors cringe just a little...but it's not that bad) and I was listening to John MacArthur!! Love it! I encourage you to check out Prayer and the God Who Hears You: Luke 11. It was so amazingly encouraging to seek our God in prayer, for HE hears, to pray according to His will, pray to exalt HIS NAME, pray that our lives might exalt His name, and prayer that the promises of God will be be real in our lives (sustaining bread, forgiveness..ect.). So convicting to PRAY more. Here's some good little quotes:

God is NOT a celestial vending machine;

Jim Packer -- The Christian prayer is "not an attempt to force God's hand, but a humble acknowledgment of helplessness and dependence."

Jamie Moore posted yesturday about journaling, and I too desire to journal more, b/c it draws out my mind to PRAY, to realize as she said, God's faithfulness!

No comments: